Monday, April 6, 2009

Dont use gotprint.com

Ok, I really didnt want to do this, but I had no choice.
It is time for me to start one of my many printing jobs that I do throughout the year.
The first thing I print is the flier for my performance workshop,
then ...
my class schedules, Mission in the Mix fliers, donation brochures for the SF Hip Hop DanceFest,fliers,posters and programs for the SF Hip Hop DanceFest...
whew! Its a lot of stuff that I have printed all year long.
I have always used the same company for my printing needs but one of my students told me about a company called gotprint.com and decided to use them because their prices were better. I had my graphic designer for this job, Natalia, send them files and let them know that we were using them for the first time and if we liked their service and products, we would certainly use them again.
Ok- so Natalia sent them the files AND put a rush order on the job because I needed them quickly. I needed to distribute the fliers about the workshop to my students and put them in different dance studios so that people could know about it.
Over a week goes by and NO fliers! Natalia calls them to find out what the hell is up. They told her that they sent her an email for her to approval of the flier. She was familiar with this process with other companies however NEVER received any email from them. She checked all her inboxes (junk mail etc).. nothin!
Ok so that was real yucky because I was expecting the fliers on RUSH order and now I find out that they havent even started to print my order yet.
So Natalia calls them to complain and hopes that they will offer a discount, refund or something! She reminded them that we were trying them out for the first time and were hoping to continue our services with them. ( and that some of our orders are rather large)

They replied that it is our personal choice whether we want to continue using their services. wow! what customer service huh?

It took SO long before I finally got my fliers which I know affects the enrollment of my upcoming workshop .

Natalia complained and I complained and we got NO response. I cant believe that in these times of financial times of stress that a company would be so complacent about losing potential customers.

I googled the companies name and found very quickly that I am not the only one that has big problems with the customer service department with gotprint.com

Ok I wont use them again obviously do not recommend them for all of you. So if any of you have any suggestions for me , plesae let me know.
thanks

Love and respect
Micaya

2 comments:

cindy said...

wow, micaya, what a stresser....

i've used better business bureau once to file a complaint about comcast's services, and found it quite effective....just in case if you ever needed to get your point across to a particular company....

love and peace,

cin

thebirdsareup said...

we sometimes use got print, but i have also found that most cheap online printing services seem to have bad customer service...but...i have had good luck with nextdayflyers.com

they have online and phone support service.

the color was slightly off once on our business cards and i was able to get a new batch, no cost, no questions, no return of the old batch, asap.

i agree with your sentiment and had a similar situation last week with all posters.com and their approval email never coming and our order never coming!! it was for a major client on a major deadline. you'd think they would want the business and call to check in...it's just silly.

goodluck..