Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Queen and King of Carnival




So last Friday I was one of the judges at the 2009 SF Carnival Queen and King competition! Wow- what a blast from the past. Ok so most of you may not know that I used to be a samba dancer back in the day. This was back in the late 80's and very early 90's.
As I was watching all the very adorable people up on stage shaking as hard as they could to be crowned queen or king, I couldnt help thinking how I EVER could have done that back then??? I mean first of all, its so hard physically to do all that type of footwork and hip rolls and squats on HEELS! But I just not that uninhibited like that anymore. I have respect for all those dancers and think they are truly lovely and joyous to watch, but those days for me are so over.

Anyway- this was a very fun event and a very fun experience. A gorgeous Brazilian guy and a gorgeous Brazilian girl ended up being the winners (these are not their photos).

Love and Respect
Micaya

No comments: