Friday, July 30, 2010

How do you feel?





















Last night in my class, I told my students that how you feel is more important than anything else. I said to be a great person is more important than to be a great dancer. .. That may sound simple but it rings deeply to be true..

People will not remember my dances when they get old, they will not remember the actual moves they did when they were young. They WILL however remember how they felt when they danced. DO NOT let anyone take that joy from you people!

How something or someone makes you feel is what you will remember through time- that is why i try to make sure that people in my class are not discouraged , made fun of , or threatened in any way.

That does not have to take ANYTHING away from being a great artist however! Please know this. I strive constantly to be the best I can be as a teacher and choreographer and that is the reason people keep coming back again and again.

But not the only reason...


Much Love and Respect

Micaya

Music using this week- "Let me c it" by Petey Pablo

1 comment:

RandizzlefBaby said...

strong words. i dont know you but i respect you for what you have written. teach me how to dance too. i want to experience the joy of dance you are talking about