Thursday, June 18, 2009

??????

So this is REALLY random, but its been bugging me for a while. I get a lot of emails from people saying that they want to be "apart" of my show. Im not trying to be a stickler or anything but, if someone says they want to be "apart" , that means they dont want to be a part of something.The definition of apart is
1. a. At a distance in place, position, or time: railings spaced two feet apart; born three years apart.
b. Away from another or others: grew apart over the years; decided to live apart.
2. In or into parts or pieces: split apart.
3. One from another: I can't tell the twins apart.
4. Aside or in reserve, as for a separate use or purpose: funds set apart for the project.
5. As a distinct item or entity: Quality sets it apart.
6. So as to except or exclude from consideration; aside: All joking apart, I think you're wrong.
adj. Set apart; isolated. Used after a noun or in the predicate: a people who have existed over the centuries as a world apart.

OK what they are TRYING to say is
"I want to be a part of your show"-
definition of part is-- something determined in relation to something that includes it

I wouldnt think of writing my blog about this topic if I didnt have COUNTLESS emails with this common error.

much love and respect-
Micaya

2 comments:

thorick said...

oh, give me a brake. their english is just fine. other than that, I love your sight. I'm not saying that it isn't not never so good !

=thorick :-)

thorick said...

oops, that sentence should have read:

"They're english is good"

not

"Their english is good"

It's hard writing bad english !

=thorick