Monday, June 1, 2009

tragic


Last night was the performance for all my youth students. All went well except one really bad thing. One of my 9-10 year old students Eli was in two different classes that was performing last night. He was supposed to perform my dance first, then change costumes and perform the other dance after.
Well, I think you can guess what happened. It was the first half of the show. Eli had the other costume on first and was sitting with the other class watching the show, thinking that he was performing in the second half of the show. The music came on for my dance and the dancers started dancing and he freaked out! He didnt get to be in my piece!
We were all so sad because he had worked so hard in my piece. He was literally the front and center dancer in my piece with a small solo! YIKES! Poor guy. I felt SO bad. He is such a wonderful kid. I adore him!!!!
When I found out what happened, i had him come backstage so I could try to console him a little. It just so happened that I was with my 5 year old students at the time. They couldnt help to overhear the news and they saw Eli crying. They were SO sweet ! They were giving him so much love and they even offered for him to perform in their dance! I was so impressed with their generosity! Their dance was the robot dance and Elis dance was the superhero dance, but to them it didnt matter! Precious!

Love and Respect-
Micaya

No comments: