Friday, May 16, 2008

The "hip hop dance crew" epidemic-


So I got a call from the producer of the MTV show Amercias' Best Dance Crew the other day. He has got the same issues that I have been having. Alot of the Dance "crews" auditioning for his show (and mine) all look the same. He was asking me if there were any groups that have submitted for the SF Hip Hop DanceFest that were unique....
Umm.. not really... (well not from the US )

Where is all the originality!???? DANCERS listen up,... "Stop trying to look like everybody else! Find your own voice, I want to hear it and so does everyone else"
There was a time when each group had their own flavor and personality. You could tell one from the other. That was so rich and I miss it with alot of these young up and coming groups today.

I am saying all this to support you, not to tear you down.
With Love and respect

No comments: