Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Lots of stuff goin on!


Ok heres what's up.
I spent 5 hours the other day with Adam Lipsky. He is the guy who mixes music for me for shows. We did the mix for both my workshop pieces and some of the SoulForce pieces.Super excited about that, it was fun and I like what we did. Believe it or not, there is still more to do at a later date.

My workshops went exceptionally well this past weekend. Both pieces are looking good, but there is still much more to learn. The cool thing that we are doing this year that we have never done before is that we are taping the rehearsals. Then everyone has a private you tube account to view it afterward.
This weekend there is no workshop due to memorial day, so I think we all will appreciate a few days off.

For the SF Hip Hop DanceFest News-
*the donation brochures are being mailed out this week. And by the end of the week, we will be sending an email donation campaign.
* Janeen is starting the booking process with a few major dance companies . Nothing is solid as of yet, BUT as soon as we book someone for sure, you will be the first to know kay?
*My board is trying to organize a fundraiser party this summer somewhere in SF, I will keep you updated as I know more of that too.
* I have a wish list that I am going to post soon for the SFHHDF, never hurts to ask, right?
* Companies are still sending in submissions, but I'm afraid a lot of people wait until the last minute to do so. So that means I will get a butt load of submissions in August.
* Other than that, a bunch of not that exciting stuff, like tech stuff and data entry and grant reports and budgeting...

THE PICTURE ABOVE IS ME WHEN I GET A VACATION!!!


Much Love and respect
Micaya

No comments: