Tuesday, September 9, 2008

So Much Goin On!

Well last Sunday was the first of 2, live auditions for Bay Area companies who want to be in the SF Hip hop DanceFest. It was (and always is) super interesting. I love seeing what dancers are doing and I really love the feedback the panel discusses afterward. For each company who does NOT make it, I always offer the panel feedback if they want to hear it. We make it as constructive as we can so that the dancers, directors and choreographers can go away with tools they can use to improve on every level.

Last night I was on the panel for independent artists week. I was on stage with Chuck D. and Davey D. to name a few. I felt that if there had been some dance community in the audience, my presence would have been necessary. Otherwise, folks were there to discuss music . It was so interesting. I learned a lot. (But I didnt need to be on the panel).

Sooo- the SF Hip Hop DanceFest really needs an accountant. I suck at it every year. Its not a huge job at all , but it needs to be more organized for taxes and grant reports. If you or anyone you know is available and interested in coming to Oakland and helping me out occasionally, please holler!

With Love and Respect-
Micaya

No comments: