Tuesday, September 15, 2009





































So last Friday I was an honoree at the Independent Artist Week celebration. The celebration was held at the Fillmore Jazz Heritage Center Gallery,in the Yoshis building in SF
I was among a list of amazing Bay Area artists who received awards that night--:
Davey D, Keba Konte, Irene Hernandez-Feiks, Vicki Virk, Victor Reyers, DJ QBert, Gail Silva...

Melonie and Melorra Green are twin sisters who put on this event. Their company is called infin8sync , which strives to serve as a network for indie artists.
When at the reception , I happened to look up at the gallery of photos and paintings to find there was drawing of me on the wall. I was floored and delighted. Apparently, all the honorees of the evening had artists create a work on their behalf. The name of the artist who did my drawing is Bud Hauso. We had never met before and got a photo of me off the internet and then proceeded to do his own interpretation of it. what do you think?


Needless to say- I was super appreciative of the recognition and love ...

Love and respect-
Micaya

No comments: