Monday, November 2, 2009

some more advice to dancers...


Occasionally I get passionate about the feeling of entitlement with young dancers. I have written about it in my blog before.
I see some dancers that are hungry and committed . They inspire me. Dance is important and it shows.

I need to let you know that the dancers that are coming here from Korea are doing so for the experience alone. (at least with the SFHHDF)They are flying here on Thursday and they have a tech rehearsal, run through and show on Friday. On Saturday, they fly to LA to perform. On Sunday morning they fly back to SF and perform again and fly home on Sunday evening! OMG!
The SFHHDF did not have any extra funds to be able to compensate them after flights and accommodations, yet they chose to come here anyway. They were booked to do the LA gig AFTER they were booked for the SFHHDF gig.
They are committed!

Dancers, a word of advice.. (whether you want it or not) .....
Please follow through with your prior commitments. Make sure people know that they can count on your word. If you come through on the "small stuff" then I know I can count on you for the "big stuff"

Love and Respect
Micaya

1 comment:

thorick said...

Whoa..
Last For One !

and Plague are returning this year too, man they were INCREDIBLE at last year's show !

Sigh, I just got knee reconstruction surgery yesterday so I may be missing the Live version of Dance Fest #11
:-(