Friday, September 10, 2010

im back!


so i got bak and had to be off to a running start. just catching my breath today although ive been back almost a week. I had to choreograph a piece in 2 rehearsals for this event last night for Remy Martin.
They were introducing a new product for Remy and the party was to let the public know about it. It took place at Mezzanine in SF.

The idea was to have the dancers wear these highly conceptualized lit up costumes and dance in them . The idea was great... but the execution of the costumes did not end up working , consequently the dancers did not end up being able to utilize them. I was disappointed because I really would have loved to have seen it work . It was so cute when the lights were on, but as soon as the dancers started moving , the lights shorted out repeatedly .
They ended up dancing my choreography in the white unitards (yuk) without the lights. BUT they still pulled it off and looked super stunning!

I am back to teaching all my regular classes now and rehearsal for Soulforce start on Tuesday. In addition, the SFHHDF local auditions are coming up next weekend and we are still in the booking process for the out of state /country companies.. I have yet toi make 100% final decisions, but it is coming along quite well

Tickets are on sale for both the SFHHDF auditions event and for the 12th Annual SF Hip Hop DanceFest

Go to www.sfhiphopdancefest.com

song I used last tuesday in class " Dynamite"
wednsday in Marin "Let me C it"


Love and Respect
Micaya
PS I put this photo up as my profile picture on facebook and i got over 50 responses! hilarious! I guess I should be sexy more often! hee hee!

1 comment:

moviequyn said...

what could be more often than all the time?