Saturday, September 25, 2010

the present




Music Im using in class this week--
Marin ---- "Might Get Lucky" by Teiarra Marie
San Francisco---- "Outta Your Mind" by Lil Jon


Things are going well with the SF Hip Hop DanceFest. I should have a pretty accurate list of the companies performing in the next week. So stay tuned ok?

Otherwise Im inspired by my life and am feeling very grateful. I absolutely love so many things about my life and am constantly in gratitude for them.

Lately, I have been pondering about "the present" , "the here and now" -- the moment that people are always telling me to be in.. Sometimes I feel as if I am there and honestly, sometimes I dont. Maybe I am overanalyzing it too much, because sometimes I get confused if I am in the moment or not.. hee hee -- for real! Not sure if that makes any sense --
I know that was not directly dance related- but i felt the need..

I am judging a talent competition after class today at John O Connel High school - The All-Stars Talent Show Network creates opportunities for urban youth - aged 5 to 25 - to produce and perform in talent shows, as an alternative to violence and as a vehicle for ongoing emotional, personal and social growth. They began 30 years ago in New York, and started 9 years ago in the Bay Area. They have been working in the Mission, reaching out to youth and signing them up for the talent show.

Thanks for reading
love and respect
Micaya

1 comment:

♥ Ashley May ♥ said...

I'm so excited for the dance fest. I already got tickets! I can't wait to attend your classes again soon. Thanks for all you do!