Friday, June 20, 2008

need to listen to my own advice



On my class schedule it says .. "leave your ego at the door and dance!".
I need to keep those words in my heart tonight when the audience sees my choreographys for the first time. I have had the feeling that people HAVE to get a particular thing out of every piece I choreograph or it is all lost. I realized yesterday.."how dare I expect such thing from people" and to allow them to get whatever they want from what they see and experience. People come to every experience from very different places and they all get different things out of every experience.
I can not be offended if they do not appreciate parts that I dove deep in my soul for.
I can not be offended if they love the parts that took no particular creative element on my part.
Thanks for reading
Love and respect
Micaya

1 comment:

moviequyn said...

good luck tonight!!! it'll be fantastic, wish I could be there. I'm sending you flowers in my mind.