Monday, March 1, 2010

and then there's more


Song Im using this week in SF "Million Dollar Girl" by Trina

So I hung out with RuPaul last week when I was in LA. He wanted me to accompany him to the taping of the Bonnie Hunt Show where he was a special guest. A couple of things were funny to me. First of all, when I am with Ru in these type situations ( not when it is just him and I) , It is VERY clear who the diva is. It was interesting watching someone else be the diva for a change. Not a bitch - not difficult- JUST A Fabulous clear and purposeful DIVA!
So anyway, he goes onstage to have his interview with Bonnie and I am allowed to watch live from the side of the audience behind the cameras. Bonnie starts asking Ru about his past, in which Ru responds by talking about his youth including the performing arts high school we went to together. He then mentioned that he had a friend from high school with him along that day. At that moment Bonnie turned around and I waved at her and said hi.
Well of course next thing you know the cameras start turning toward me as to put me on camera. I reply by pleading to please not do that which they respected and turned the cameras back around to the front. I later told a few of my students the story and they were disappointed that I did not appear of the show. I think sometimes I am camera shy, but when I look back to the incident now, I know the biggest reason I did not want to be on. I didnt want to take away from his shine. He was on there to talk about his book and TV show and I didnt want to change the focus.
At one point however, he did let her know that he has always been eccentric. Which I wanted to agree with a definitive yes. I really am so grateful he was my friend in high school. God- I really dont know what I had done without him because I have always been a bit eccentric too, BUT i did not have the same self confidence that he had.


Stay tuned later this week, I will tell you about how SoulForce auditions went and more..

Love and Respect
Micaya

No comments: