Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Best Compliment


I went last night to the Lorraine Hansberry Theatre to see the production of Fences. I enjoyed it very much and thought the actors in particular were fabulous. After the show, I saw a woman I know named Elizabeth in the lobby and spoke with her for a while. As I was leaving she hugged me and said "I'm so glad that you could make it to see the show".
I left and went to have a drink with a friend and when I sat down it hit me. I opened my purse to get out the program from the show to look to see who played the main female character- What the fuck- it was her ! Elizabeth! At first I felt stupid that I did not recognize her. But then I thought that as an actor, to hear that you were not even recognized on stage must be one of the best compliments ever!
Elizabeth - you were GREAT last night, woman- good job!

No comments: