Saturday, April 26, 2008

SFHHDF Hires A New Booking Manager!

This very lovely lady is Janeen. Many of you already know her as the stage manager for the SF Hip Hop DanceFest for the past few years. Well now she has been hired as the booking manager for the SFHHDF. The beautiful part? Janeen is now going to do BOTH jobs! Back in the day , my girl Andrea used to do both jobs. Its great because it streamlines all the performer info through one person.

The booking manager will contact all the artists that the SFHHDF is interesting in booking for this years show. She deals with contracts, deadlines and all performer interaction.

WAAAAY back in the day, I used to do this job. Let me tell you why this was a huge disaster. I am way too sensitive to negotiate with artists. These people of course, are my peers. I absolutely could not say no to their requests without feeling HORRIBLE. I would get off the phone and cry, for real. I wanted to accommodate EVERYONE, but did not usually ever have the funds to do so. I almost quit producing the SFHHDF because of this issue alone, until it dawned on me that someone else could do it.

SO GLAD YOU ARE BECOMING SUCH A HUGE PART OF THE SF HIP HOP DANCEFEST JANEEN, YOU ARE FABULOUS!

No comments: