Thursday, April 3, 2008

Leave your ego at the door and DANCE!


So I recently sent a request to my students for some quotes about my classes. I wanted to post them on my web site and put a few on my new class flyer. They are fantastic! I posted them on my web site, if you want to read them, go to www.micaya.com, some are hilarious. I posted ALL of them , (nobody said that I sucked)
My new class flyer is going to say "Leave Your Ego at the Door and DANCE!"
That means just come on in and stop trippin about how you look. Nobody really cares if you look awkward ,because we have ALL been there. ITS PART OF THE PROCESS ! You need to know that you are always welcome in my class .

1 comment:

moviequyn said...

fabulous quotes! if I were still there I would say...dancing with Micaya completely tranformed my life. she gave me, a woman in her thirties, the opportunity to perform hip hop on a stage in front of an incredibly supportive audience. who else could pull that off? Micaya is the warmest, most beautiful, energetic, caring, inspiring, creative, insightful, and talented teacher you could hope to find in any genre of dance and beyond. she gives everything she has to ensure that her dancers realize their full potential and that the hip hop dance community commands attention and respect, and includes a wide range of dancers. in her class, you not only learn to dance, you learn to push yourself to places you never dreamed you could go, become thoughtful about hip hop culture, gain valuable insights into yourself and your community, and join a family.